Q1 2023 Solar Funding and M&A Report
$299.00 – $499.00
Q1 2023 Total Corporate Funding
Totals $8.4 Billion
– Get the Report
Click here to download the Executive Summary.
Total corporate funding—including venture capital (VC) funding, public market, and debt financing—into the solar sector in Q1 2023 came to $8.4 billion in 42 deals, a 55% increase compared to $5.4 billion raised in 44 deals in Q4 2022. Funding increased 11% YoY compared to $7.5 billion raised in 49 deals in Q1 2022.
Global VC funding for the solar sector in Q1 2023 came to $2.1 billion in 18 deals, a 40% increase compared to $1.5 billion raised in 18 deals in Q4 2022. Year-over-year funding was 75% higher compared to Q1 2022.
Announced debt financing for the solar sector in Q1 2023 totaled $3.9 billion, a 6% increase compared to Q4 2022 when $3.7 billion was raised. In a YoY comparison, debt financing increased by 3% with $3.8 billion raised in 19 deals in Q1 2022.
A total of 27 solar M&A transactions were recorded in Q1 2023 compared to 38 in Q4 2022 and 29 solar M&A transactions in Q1 2022.
Almost 12 GW of solar projects were acquired in Q1 2023 compared to 14 GW in Q4 2022.
There were 318 companies and investors covered in this 90-page report, which contains 66 charts, graphs, and tables.
Mercom Capital Group’s Quarterly Solar Funding and M&A Reports are comprehensive high-quality reports delivering superior insight, market trends, and analysis. These reports help bring clarity to professionals in the current financial landscape of the solar industry.
Custom Excel Sheets with all transactions for the quarter, and
Custom Research with data from the past 5 years!
Contact us to learn more and get pricing!
Quarterly market and deal activity displayed in easy-to-digest charts, graphs, and tables, alongside data-driven analysis.
The report covers all types of deals and financing activity, including:
- Venture capital funding deals, including top investors, QoQ and YoY trends, and a breakdown of charts and graphs by technology, sector, stage, and country;
- Large-scale project funding deals, including top investors, QoQ and YoY trends and breakdown charts and graphs by technology and country;
- Public market financing, including equity financing, private placements, and rights issues;
- Debt and other funding deals, as well as QoQ and YoY trends;
- Third-party residential/commercial project funds;
- Large-scale project acquisitions and active project acquirers;
- Large-scale project announcements in various levels of development throughout the world;
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A), including QoQ and YoY trends, a breakdown of charts and graphs by technology and sector, as well as project M&A activity;
- New cleantech and solar funds;
- New large-scale project announcements;
- Large-scale project costs per MW.
This report also contains comprehensive lists of all announced Q1:
- VC funding, debt financing, public equity financing, and project funding deals;
- VC and project funding investors;
- M&A transactions;
- Project acquisitions by amounts and megawatts;
- M&A, and project M&A transactions;
- Large-scale project announcements.
Mercom’s comprehensive report covers deals of all sizes across the globe. Have questions about the report? Email us here.