9M and Q3 2019 Solar Funding and M&A Report
$299.00 – $499.00
9M 2019 Total Corporate Funding
Rises 34 percent YoY to $9 Billion
– See the Details!
Click here to download the Executive Summary.
Total corporate funding (including venture capital/private equity, public market, and debt financing) in 9M 2019 was up with $9 billion raised, compared to the $6.7 billion raised in 9M 2018, a 34% increase year-over-year (YoY).
“Corporate funding activity so far this year is ahead of last year’s levels as demand outlook looks positive, and solar public companies continue to do well. In Q3 2019, over $100 million in venture funding went to technology and manufacturing-focused companies which is rare. Five IPOs and over a billion dollars in securitization deals so far this year have been the highlights,” said Raj Prabhu, CEO of Mercom Capital Group.
In 9M 2019, global VC funding (venture capital, private equity, and corporate venture capital) in the solar sector was 13% higher with $1 billion compared to $889 million raised in the first nine months of 2018. Global VC/PE funding in Q3 2019 totaled $208 million in 11 deals.
Solar public market financing in 9M 2019 rose to $2.25 billion in 13 deals, 25% higher compared to $1.8 billion in 14 deals in 9M 2018.
Announced debt financing activity in the first nine months of 2019 ($5.8 billion in 37 deals) was 43% higher compared to the first nine months of 2018. Six solar securitization deals brought in a total of $1 billion in 9M 2019. Cumulatively, $4.7 billion has now been raised through securitization deals since 2013.
Project acquisition activity was lower in 9M 2019, with 15.9 GW of solar projects acquired, compared to 23.6 GW acquired in the same period last year.
There were 246 companies and investors covered in this report. It is 85 pages in length, and contains 78 charts, graphs, and tables.
Mercom Capital Group’s Quarterly Solar Funding and M&A Reports deliver comprehensive, high-quality analysis and superior insight into solar market trends around the globe. This must-read report gives professionals a clear vision on the financial landscape of the global solar industry, and helps them make solid business decisions that put them ahead of the market.
Custom Excel Sheets with all transactions for the quarter, and
Custom Research with data from the past 5 years!
Contact us to learn more and get pricing!
Quarterly market and deal activity displayed in easy-to-digest charts, graphs and tables, alongside data-driven analysis.
The report covers all types of deals and financing activity, including:
- Venture capital funding deals, including top investors, QoQ trends, and a breakdown of charts and graphs by technology, sector, stage and country;
- Large-scale project funding deals, including top investors, QoQ trends and breakdown charts and graphs by technology and country;
- Public market financing, including equity financing, private placements and rights issues;
- Debt and other funding deals, as well as QoQ trends;
- Third-party residential/commercial project funds;
- Large-scale project acquisitions and active project acquirers;
- Large-scale project announcements in various levels of development throughout the world;
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A), including QoQ trends, a breakdown of charts and graphs by technology and sector, as well as project M&A activity;
- New cleantech and solar funds;
- New large-scale project announcements;
- Large-scale project costs per MW.
This report also contains comprehensive lists of all announced Q3:
- VC funding, debt financing, public equity financing, and project funding deals;
- VC and project funding investors;
- M&A transactions;
- Project acquisitions by amounts and megawatts;
- M&A, and project M&A transactions;
- Large-scale project announcements.
Mercom’s comprehensive report covers deals of all sizes across the globe. Have questions about the report? Email us here.